Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Corn and Parsnip Cakes
Tried this out for New Year's Eve, really like the way that this turned out. The original recipe is from Cooking Light. Nice side dish indeed!
1 cup chopped Parsnip (about one large parsnip or around 4 oz.)
1 (15 1/4-ounce) can Whole-kernel corn, drained
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Skim milk
1 tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
2 tbsp Olive oil
1. Cook parsnip in boiling water for around 12 minutes. Drain and cool with cold water.
2. Place corn in a food processor; pulse 3 to 4 times or until chopped. Place in a mixing bowl.
3. Place cooked parsnip in the food process and pulse 3 to 4 times as well. Add to the mixing bowl.
4. To the mixing bowl, add flour, milk, sugar, kosher salt, and eggs and beat until blended.
5. Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls to form cakes. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.