Saturday, January 19, 2013

BBB (Better Blue Buckeyes)


BBB (Better Blue Buckeyes)

I was at a party for Mosaic Feline Rescue volunteers and these were around for dessert (here are my pictures of the cats at Mosaic). These were amazing and I shared some with my family - who wanted more...more...more!

These are adapted from a no-bake recipe that I was pointed towards on the VegNews site. The recipe is for Chocolate-Covered Crunchy Speculoos Balls. I tweaked this a bit to make it slightly better for you - given that I use Simply Jif (it has less sugar than regular). Low-fat peanut butter might work as well. Well, about the name - being a Michigan person...can't very well call it just Buckeyes....so I am calling it BBB....or Better Blue Buckeyes.

Ingredients (Makes 18-20)

2 cups Peanut butter (you may use an variety including low-fat or low sugar)
1/4 cup (4 tbsp) Butter or margarine (softened)
3 cups Crisp rice cereal
1 cup Powdered sugar
1 lbs Chocolate candy coating (like CandiQuik)

Directions

1. In a large mixing bowl, blend the peanut butter and butter or margarine until well mixed.
2. Add crisp rice cereal and mix well.
3. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
4. Mold around 2 tablespoons of peanut butter mix into a ball (slightly smaller than a golf ball). Place a toothpick in the balls and place them in the refrigerator for around an hour.
5. Melt the chocolate coating as directed, and dip the balls (by the toothpicks and spoon if needed) until coated. Let cool for another hour.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment