Friday, March 23, 2012
This recipe was adapted from a number of sources, but primarily from the crab cakes recipe found in this great book: Emalee Chapman's Fresh 15-minute meals. This is an easy recipe and it makes a great dish elegant enough to serve company.
Ingredients (Makes 4-6 stuffed sole - serves 3-4):
1 can of Crab meat (around 6oz)
1 tsp Lemon or lime juice
1 Egg (large)
1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Celery, chopped small
1 tbsp Roasted red pepper - chopped small
1/4 tsp Paprika (plus some extra for topping)
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
4-6 Sole fillets
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, add crab, lemon (or lime) juice, egg, breadcrumbs, celery, roasted red pepper, paprika, kosher salt and pepper. Mix until well blended
3. Coat the bottom of a baking dish with cooking spray.
4. Lay a sole fillet with the prettiest side down. Divide up the crab mixture and put equal parts near the wide end of each fillet. Take the narrow end of the fillet and wrap over and then under the stuffing (see how it looks in the picture).
5. Sprinkle the top with paprika and bake for around 20-23 minutes.
NOTE: These are dry by design. If you want more moisture, you can drizzle wine or lemon juice over the stuffed sole when they are assembled.