Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Chicken Stir-Fry with Green Beans and Broccoli
Adapted from a recipe for Emeril's Chicken Stir-Fry with Green Beans from the Food Network. This was wonderful served with brown rice.
Ingredients (serves 4-5)
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, very thinly sliced 1/8-inch thick
6 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp Asian spice blend
1/4 cup peanut oil
3/4 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed and longer beans cut in half
3 crowns broccoli, trimmed with stems no more than 1 inch.
2 tbsp (or cloves) minced garlic
1/2 cup walnuts, broken into small pieces
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
Chopped green onions, for garnish
1. In a bowl, combine the chicken, 6 tablespoons of the soy sauce, and Asian spice blend. Toss to coat and let sit for 10 minutes or longer (up to 3 hours).
2. In a large wok or saute pan, heat the oil over high heat. Add the chicken (along with some of the marinade mixture) and stirring constantly, cook until browned, 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the beans and broccoli to the pan and stir-fry, around 2 to 3 minutes. Note - if you add more veggies (always a good idea) - add time to this stage.
4. Add the garlic, walnuts, hoisin sauce to the mix and cook for 1-2 minutes longer
5. Remove from the heat and serve immediately, over rice rice. Garnish with green onions.