Monday, February 27, 2012
Asian Grilled Salmon and Broccoli
This was adapted from Helene Siegel's Chinese Cooking for Beginners (1992). Always looking for a good Salmon recipe.
Ingredients for Marinade (for 4 salmon fillets)
1/2 cup Soy sauce
1/2 cup Lemon juice
1/4 cup Plum sauce
2 tbsp Sesame Oil
1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice
2 Salmon Fillets (around 1 1/2 lbs) cut into 3" slices with skin.
2 tbsp Peanut Oil
1 tsp Garlic, chopped
1 can Water chestnuts, sliced
3 Broccoli heads, florets only
1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
1. Combine all marinade ingredients and mix with a whisk until blended.
2. Add all but 1/4 cup of the marinade to the fish and let sit for 30 to 60 minutes. Reserve the 1/4 cup marinade for the sauce.
3. On a grill pan, lightly coat with cooking spray and then heat on medium high temperature. Cook salmon around 4-5 minutes each side (flesh side first, skin side second).
4. Meanwhile, in another pan, heat peanut oil over medium high heat.
5. Add Garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli and cook for around 1-2 minutes. Add the water chestnuts and cook for around 4 more minutes.
6. Add reserved marinade and the Hoisin sauce.
Serve with the Salmon over rice.