Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Baked Ocean Perch with Green Beans
Adapted from a recipe from the Orca Bay Seafood site (though it is not working now). We liked this a lot, though it was not on our quick repeat list. I suppose you can say we did not love it, but we would eat it again. I love the way the beans came out and it has got to be good for you and low-fat. We served this with bread - might be good with rice or quinoa. Next time, I think I will use crushed tomatoes and will add lemon to the mix. Will tweak that and try it again.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion - finely chopped
2 tsp chopped garlic (increase to taste)
1/3 cup dry white wine
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 14oz can Petite Chopped Tomatoes, with liquid
6-8 oz green beans, cut into pieces no longer than 2-3 inches
4 Ocean Perch fillets (around 3/4 lbs)
1 tbsp capers, drained
12 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat and add chopped onions. Sauté for around 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add garlic and cook for around 1 minute.
4. Add wine, thyme, oregano, tomatoes and green beans to pan and bring mix to a boil. Then, lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes.
5. In a oven safe casserole dish, place around 1/3 to 1/2 of a cup of the sauce on the bottom of the pan. Place the perch fillets in a single layer and then sprinkle the capers and olives on top of them. Pour the rest of the sauce and green beans on top of the fish.
6. Place in the oven for around 15-17 minutes.
Serve with bread, rice or quinoa.