Sunday, April 27, 2014
Soba Noodles with Broccoli and Chicken
This is a new recipe that we tried tonight. It is based on an old Cooking Light recipe for Soba Noodles with Broccoli and Chicken. We love having noodles and could use a healthier option. We love soba noodles and this is a dish that we can easily reduce the noodles while increasing the veggies and protein.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
6 oz Soba noodles (buckwheat noodles), uncooked
1/4 cup Cooking sherry
4 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Rice vinegar
1 tsp Honey
2 tbsp Canola (or peanut) oil, divided
3/4 lbs Chicken breast, cut into thin slices
2 tsp Garlic, chopped (or cloves)
1 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
12 oz Mushrooms, stems removed, cut in half (or quartered if large)
3 cups Broccoli florets
2 Bell pepper strips, cut into thin strips (red and another color pepper)
1 tbsp Ginger, minced
1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
2. Combine cooking sherry, soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey in a small bowl; set aside.
3. Heat 1 tbsp canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic, and then stir-fry 4-5 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm under foil.
4. Heat remaining 1 tbsp vegetable oil and sesame oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, and ginger. Stir-fry 4-5 minutes.
5. Return chicken to pan and stir in sherry mixture. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve over cooked noodles.