Saturday, April 5, 2014
Corey's Chex Mix
There are 100 recipes for variations on the classic Chex Mix, this is mine. You can use any of the Chex or Chex-like cereals. We always love this and it is the go to comfort snack for us at our home. We use a big roasting pan for this and it works great. We use our roasting pan more for this than anything else!
Ingredients (serves many - or one....)
6 tbsp Margarine or butter
5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp Seasoned salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
3/4 tsp Onion Powder
9 cups Cereal (any mix you want - we normally go 3 cups each Wheat, Corn and Rice Chex)
2 cups Bagel chips or rye chips
2 cups Pretzels
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Slowly melt the margarine or butter in a microwave (no more than 20-25 seconds at a time). When melted, mix in Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder. NOTE: Adjust ingredients as desired.
3. In a large roasting pan, mix the chex cereal, bagel chips and pretzels. Add the butter mix to the cereal and gently mix together so the cereal mix is well covered.
4. Cook for around 60 minutes, mixing every 15-20 minutes.
5. Let cool to room temperature before eating.