Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Oven-Roasted Sweet Potatoes


Oven-Roasted Sweet Potatoes

I think I found a new favorite side dish.  Strike that - I definitely found a new favorite side dish.  I have liked the sweet potato fries I have made but they have been a bit fussy.  These were easy to make and tasted absolutely fantastic.  They were easy enough to replace frozen fries and will be a staple at our dinner table from here on out.  This was adapted from a Health.com recipe for Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges.  And all I can figure is that it is pretty guilt free - a win all around!

Ingredients (Serves 2-4)
3 small Sweet potatoes 
1 tbsp & 2 tsp Olive oil
1 tsp Dried Rosemary
1/2 tsp Dry mustard
1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Peel sweet potatoes; cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients; toss well to coat.
3. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake potatoes at 450° for 30 minutes or until soft and lightly browned, turning wedges after the first 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment