Sunday, August 21, 2011
Pan Seared Zucchini
Adapted from a recipe found on AnnArbor.com, this was a great side dish.
2-3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1-2 tsp minced garlic (two cloves)
3 thin zucchini, ends trimmed and cut diagonally into 1/4" slices
1 tsp (or to taste) kosher salt
1/2 tsp (or to taste) ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat
2. Add Garlic and saute for 1 minute
3. Meanwhile, spread the zucchini slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place the salt/pepper zucchini slices in the pan - spice side down - and then sprinkle the tops with salt and pepper.
5. Cook for around 3 minutes and turn over for another 3 minutes.
Enjoy as a side with just about anything! Great when the veggies are fresh.
Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add zucchini slices in a single layer and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until golden. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then serve.