Sunday, August 28, 2011

Doctored Brownie I: Hazelnut & Peanut Brownies



Doctored Brownie I: Hazelnut & Peanut Brownies

I was demonstrating the Melcat inter-library loan feature to people at the Ross School of Business and I ended up requesting this book - Brownies! : favorite recipes for brownies, blondies & bar cookies.

They have a number of recipes that use brownie mix as the base - so I am calling these Doctored Brownies! I will make a few and record them out here. This one is called Easy Hazelnut Brownies (page 125). I did not have hazelnuts - so I played a bit. I used Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge - Family Size (19.5 oz).

Ingredients
1 Family Size Brownie Mix (makes 13" x 9" brownie)
3/4 cup toasted peanuts
1/2 cup Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cooking spray on the bottom of a 13" x 9" pan.
2. Prepare the brownies as directed.
3. In a saute pan, toast peanuts over low heat (around ten minutes) - stirring often. Let cool and then crush into smaller pieces (you can use the bottom of a heavy glass).
4. Mix in Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread until well blended.
5. Add to pan and bake for around 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick or knife comes out clean.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment