Saturday, December 31, 2016

Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes


Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes


Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes

Long time coming to post this recipe.  Every so often, I find myself at a restaurant and I order a baked potato.  I love them, but the time involved in cooking them can be tricky when you start doing meal prep late in the day!  So I was poking around the web looking for a few alternatives to baking potatoes and I found a few references to how to cook them in the slow cooker.  Sounds like a plan.  I read a bit and came up with this recipe that is super easy to do and they come out tasting great.  You do not get that crunchy skin that you get when they are cooked in the oven, but everything else is fantastic.

Ingredients (serves 4)

4 Russet Potatoes (large)
Olive oil spray
1 tsp Kosher salt (adjust to taste)
3/4 tsp Black pepper (adjust to taste)

Directions

1. Scrub the potatoes well and then pierce them 10-12 times with a sharp knife.
2. Cut off four sheets of aluminum foil, each around 1 foot long.
3. Place one potato on the foil and spray with olive oil until all sides have a light coating.  Add a pinch of Kosher salt and pepper and wrap the foil tightly around the potato.  Repeat for the other three potatoes.
4. Place in a slow cooker and set on low.  Cook for 8-10 hours.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment