This is a modest variation on my recipe for Celebration Pasta. I wanted to create something that was a bit different, but still had the wilted spinach in the dish. I tweaked the recipe and loved the way it came out. You can be flexible with the amount of pasta that you serve with it - we ended up with more noodles than we wanted. So you can be flexible with how much pasta to make.
Ingredients (serves 4-5)
9-13 oz Thin spaghetti or other pasta
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp Butter
1 Onion (small), cut into thin strips
3 tsp Garlic, chopped (or 3 cloves)
1 lbs Shrimp, peeled and deveined
8-10 Grape tomatoes, halved
4-6 pieces of Sun-dried tomatoes - cut into thin strips
5-7 basil leaves, thinly sliced (about a half bunch)
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper
1 tbsp Lemon juice
5 oz Baby spinach
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package; set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic to the pan and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, grape tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, Kosher salt and black pepper to the pan. Saute for 5-6 minutes. .
- Add lemon juice and spinach to the pan. Sir frequently for around 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
- Serve over pasta & enjoy!