Thursday, August 21, 2014
Oven Baked Chicken and Green Beans
I had some fun with the recipe for Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas and made something that goes great with two of my favorite vegetables, green beans and mushrooms. We made this the other day and loved the way it came out. I served this over rice and it was a really nice one dish meal. It is very easy - and something that I will definitely make again.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 1/2 tsp Chili powder, divided (adjust to taste)
1 1/2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Parsley, dried
1/2 tsp Coriander
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Oregano, dried
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper
Cooking spray (or olive oil spray)
3 Chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
1 lbs Green beans, trimmed
12 oz Mushrooms, stems removed and sliced in half
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, parsley, coriander, garlic powder, oregano, kosher salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
3. Spray cooking spray or olive oil on the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish.
4. Place the chicken on the bottom of the pan and drizzle the olive oil on top. Sprinkle all but 1 tsp of the spice mix atop the chicken.
4. Add the tomatoes (with liquid), green beans and mushrooms to the baking dish and stir to combine. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tsp of spice mixture on top of the baking dish.
5. Bake uncovered for 32-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through