This was a double adaptation. So it was adapted from my recipe for Rosemary Lemon Chicken with Mushrooms that was reworked from an old recipe that I had, that in turn was adapted from a great one from "Quick After-Work Italian Cooking" by Hilaire Walden; Fisher Books, 1995. This is a really nice one pan dish that can be served over rice or noodles.
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 tsp Chopped garlic (or 2 cloves)
3 Chicken breasts, flattened and cut in half
1/2 tsp Kosher salt (adjust to to taste)
1/4 tsp Black pepper (adjust to to taste)
1 tbsp + 1 tsp Lemon juice
1 cup Chicken broth (low-sodium)
8 oz White mushrooms, stems removed and cut in half
8 oz Green beans, trimmed
1 tbsp dried Parsley
2 tsp dried Rosemary
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minutes.
2. Season the chicken with kosher salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts to the pan and cook until lightly browned, around 4-5 minutes per side.
3. Add lemon juice, chicken broth, mushrooms, green beans, dried parsley, and dried rosemary to the pan. Mix gently.
4. Cover and cook for 13-15 more minutes (turning chicken from time to time).
5. Serve with juices over rice or pasta.