Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Adapted from a few different recipes I found on the web - and Dr. Oz. These are amazing! Great way to eat Kale AND get a treat that is 100% good for you. You can really limit the oil and it will even be better for you. Yep...once again. Dr. Oz shows us the way!!!!!
1 bunch of Kale
1 tsp Olive Oil - OR olive oil spray (see below)
Kosher Salt or Sea Salt to taste
1. Wash the Kale and then rip or cut the leaves off the stems. Rip into small pieces.
2. Dry Kale thouroughly with paper or regular towels. It is good to let it air dry for a bit.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
4. Layer kale with a very light layer of oil. This can be done in two ways:
4a -> In a large bowl, add the kale and the 1 tbsp of Oil and mix thoroughly. Then place the kale on two cookie sheets (you can use parchment paper)
4b -> On two cooking sheets (lined with parchment paper if you choose), layer the kale and then spray lighthly with a mister filled with olive oil. Using the spray, you can actually use less oil.
5. Sprinkle salt lighthly ontop of the kale.
6. Place in oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Enjoy at room temperature or cooled!