Sunday, January 15, 2012
Spaghetti with Tuna, Olives and Lemon
Adapted from a recipe from Martha Stewart's Everyday Foods.
Ingredients (serves 4-5)
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
2 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
3/4 pound spaghetti or other pasta
1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
4 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
5 tbsp slivered Kalamata olives
2 cans (6 oz) chunk light tuna in water, drained
1. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook pasta as directed
3. In a food processor, pulse bread and 1 teaspoon oil until coarse crumbs form. Add salt and pepper to the mixture and pulse some more.
4. Place bread mixture on a baking sheet and bake until golden, tossing occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes.
5. As pasta is done, reserve 1/2 cup hot pasta water. Then drain pasta and add to a large serving/mixing bowl.
6. To the cooked pasta, add lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, olives, and 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix. Add water and tuna and mix. Add the breadcrumbs on top and you are ready to serve