Sunday, February 13, 2011
Pasta with Mushrooms and Shrimp
1 lbs pasta (your choice)
1/2 cup, plus 3 tbs olive oil
4 tsp chopped garlic (or 4 cloves)
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 tbsp dried parsley
1 lbs white mushrooms (sliced) - you can reduce mushrooms to taste
1/2 lbs raw shrimp (devined)
1. Cook pasta as directed.
2. Over medium-high heat, warm 3 tbs olive oil and saute the garlic and mushrooms for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp. The shrimp should be pink.
4. Drain the excess liquid from the pan (there will be liquid from the mushrooms).
5. Add remaining oil (1/2 cup), the salt, pepper and parsley.
6. Mix with mushroom and shrimp saute. for around 30 seconds to warm up the oil.
7. Remove from the heat and mix in pasta to coat with sauce. Add Parmesan cheese if desired.