Monday, February 7, 2011
Orange Tea Cakes
Another idea is calling these "cakies" (part cake - part cookie). This recipe was adapted from Fifteen-minute meals by Emalee Chapman (101 Productions, San Francisco, CA, 1981). These are really great!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons of orange juice (with pulp if available)
- Powdered sugar
- Optional topping: thinly sliced almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place butter in the bowl with the sugar and blend together.
3. Add eggs, flour and orange juice and mix well.
4. Lightly butter a cookie sheet or spray with cooking spray. Drop small rounds (around 1 teaspoon) around 2-3 inches apart. They do spread when cooking.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for around 8 minutes (the cakes will be lightly colored with brown edges.
6. Remove from cookie sheet and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
Alternative - place 4-5 thinly sliced almonds on top of rounds before cooking. This adds a nice taste to the cakes.
I tried with parchment paper - but they did not cook cleanly.