Saturday, May 16, 2015

Pan Roasted Chicken


Pan Roasted Chicken

This is a great way to prepare chicken as entrees or for making salads.  I tweaked this a bit and came up with these directions over the past few attempts.  Very happy with where it is now, so it is ready to share!  The secret here is having a pan that can go from the stove to the oven.  A few year's ago, my mom bought me a Le Creuset iron skillet for Christmas.  I had long wanted one of those - if anything to use to defend myself should it ever be needed.  MAN that weighs a ton.  But one of the great features of an iron skillet is that you can move from the stove to the oven.  So I have been playing with some recipes here and I will do so more - now that I have the hang of how to best use these.  The picture is for five breast halves that I cooked the other day.

Ingredients (adjust as needed)

1 tbsp Olive oil
3 Chicken breasts (skinless), cut in half if large
1/2 tsp Kosher salt (adjust to taste)
1/4 tsp Black pepper (adjust to taste)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Season chicken breasts with Kosher salt and black pepper.
3. Heat olive oil at medium-high heat in cast iron pan (or other stove to oven pan).
4. Add chicken to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
5. When both sides are seared, place pan in oven and let cook for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes in the pan.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment