Monday, May 26, 2014
This is a dish I first made a year ago. I loved how it turned out, but I was too lazy to get it posted. Trying to get one of these recipes "to do" each week so I can be caught up. This was adapted from Eating Well's Wok-Seared Chicken Tenders with Asparagus & Pistachios recipe. I loved the way it turned out and will no doubt make it again...especially now that I have the recipe recorded!
1 tbsp & 1 tsp Sesame oil
1 bunch Asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
8 oz Mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 Chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 tbsp Ginger, minced
3 tbsp Hoisin sauce
1 tsp Cornstarch
1/4 cup Almonds, thinly sliced
1. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
2. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add chicken a cook for 4 minutes.
5. Add in the ginger, hoisin sauce and cornstarch and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
6. Stir in almonds and serve immediately.