Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Simple Lemon-Dijon Chicken


Simple Lemon-Dijon Chicken

I wanted a very easy, tasty and healthy chicken recipe tonight. I loved the way that this turned out. I adapted this from the Lemon-Dijon Chicken Recipe and played with it a bit to match what I had at home. I really liked this and we served it with mashed potatoes and asparagus. I think I will make a batch of this for lunches during the week as it should reheat great in a microwave.

Ingredients (Serves 4):
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1/2 tsp Black pepper
1/2 tsp Thyme, dried
1/2 tsp Rosemary, dried
pinch of Kosher salt (to taste)
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut in half)
1 Bell pepper (any color), cleaned and cut into 1/4" strips
cooking spray

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together mustard, lemon juice, black pepper, thyme, rosemary and a pinch of kosher salt together.
3. Coat a 9x13 cooking pan with cooking spray.
4. Place the cut peppers on the bottom of the pan. Place the chicken pieces atop the peppers and then evenly spread the mustard mixture on top of the chicken.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment