Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Adapted from a very cryptic recipe from my mother-in-law and the recipe for Campbell's Scalloped Potatoes found at Food.com. These are a great non-fussy recipe that seems to happily cook longer than listed if you need some time for other other dishes to catch up. Note the picture is a triple batch!
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup Skim milk
1 tbsp Dried parsley
salt and pepper (to taste)
4 cups peeled and thinly sliced White potatoes (used a mandolin set to 3/16" - about a pound and a half)
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top (no need to multiply if you increase the recipe).
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine soup, milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In 1 1/2 quart casserole, arrange alternate layers of potatoes, onions and soup mixture. Top layer should be soup mixture.
4. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and then a dash a paprika.
5. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Uncover & bake for 20 more minutes or until potatoes are done.
Enjoy with almost entree!
NOTE: This will often cook with other entrees - so you might need to tweak the temperature. Here are some alternative temperatures and timing:
325 degrees - Cook for 1 hour 45 minutes with cover & 40 minutes uncovered.