Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Pan Fried Whitefish
Modestly adapted from a recipe found on the Food Network site. Super easy and very delicious.
Ingredients (three fillets feeds 4 people comfortably)
Whitefish fillets (cut into 5" sections)
Flour (about 1/2 cup for three fillets)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
2. With the skin-side down, sprinkle the flesh of the fillet with salt and pepper to taste. Then sprinkle lightly with flour. Gently Shake off excess flour.
3. Place the fillets in the pan with the skin side down, cook for 4 minutes (you might need to adjust with the thickness of the fish). Skin side should be nice and golden.
4. Turn the fish over and let it cook for another 3-4 minutes.
5. Remove from pan and let the oil drain (paper towels work here).