Monday, April 13, 2009
Franklin Sole and Vegetables
It was adapted from this recipe from Ellie Krieger (a Food Network cook): http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/healthy-appetite-with-ellie-krieger-/flounder-and-vegetable-parcels-recipe/index.html
4 (4-ounce) frozen sole fillets (could work with other thin white fish fillets)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 medium zucchini (sliced into 1/8" diagonal slices)
1 medium carrot (sliced into 1/8" diagonal slices)
1 medium red bell pepper, cut julienne style
2 medium shallots (sliced into 1/8" diagonal slices)
12-16 thin asparagus tops (top 2-3 inches) - if thick cut in half
4 tablespoons dry white wine
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon (sliced into 1/8" diagonal slices)
4 sprigs of fresh dill
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
1. Season the fish fillets with the salt and pepper.
2. Place 1 fish fillet at the center of a piece of foil (around 12-14").
3. On top of the fish, place a equal amounts of zucchini, carrot, pepper, shallots, and asparagus.
4. Put 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil & 1 tablespoon of white wine on each fillet. Add 2-3 lemon slices and one sprig of fresh dill on each packet.
5. Seal the packets securely, leaving a little room to allow the fish to steam. Transfer the packets to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from foil and pour sauce on top of the fish.