Friday, March 27, 2015

Chicken Gravy


Chicken Gravy

I am not sure I ever tried to make gravy before.  Sounds like the start of a bad story, but it is where I was a little while ago.  Normally, I would buy jarred or canned gravy.  The other day, we were reheating some of our new Chicken Pot Pie, and it needed something extra.  So I looked a few recipes online - did not find anything I wanted, so I played a bit.  This is actually the second time I made it - but I forgot to write down the recipe.  So I had to build it out again.  It came out great and I am sure we will make it again when the need strikes.  You can even make this vegetarian by using vegetable broth.  It is a fast and easy sauce to add to dinner!

Ingredients (Serves 6-8)

4 tbsp Flour
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp Savory (dried)
1/2 tsp Parsley (dried)
1/4 tsp Black pepper
3 tbsp Butter
2 cups Chicken or vegetable broth

Directions

1. In a small bowl, mix flour, Kosher salt, savory, parsley and black pepper.
2. In a small pan over medium-high heat, add butter and cook until melted.
3. Add flour mix to pan and mix until it becomes a well blended.
4. Slowly add the broth and stir regularly.  Cook for 9-10 minutes until thickened.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment