The more and more I have been cooking, the more and more I enjoy it. I am not sure where I was on my travels - but I wrote the basics of this recipe down on my small notebook. So unlike many of my other recipes - this was born in my head! That is really cool...if I do say so myself! I love the idea of generating a recipe from scratch - and what a recipe. We made it for the first time tonight and it was great. We used green beans, but you could use just about any green vegetable to go with the mushrooms. This was a winner and we will definitely make it again.
3 tbsp Olive oil, divided
4 Chicken breasts, skinless
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 medium Onion, sliced thin
2 tsp Garlic, chopped (or cloved)
12 oz Mushrooms, sliced in half with stems removed1 tsp Thyme, dried
1/2 lbs Green beans, trimmed no longer than 2 inches long
3/4 cup Chicken broth
3/4 cup White wine, dry
Olive oil spray or Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to pan over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with 1/4 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, remove from heat and put in an oven ready casserole with a light coating of cooking spray on the bottom. Cook chicken in oven for 17-19 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in the same pan, lower the heat to medium and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add onions, garlic, remaining 1/4 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp pepper to the pan and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, green beans & thyme and saute for 5 minutes
- Add chicken broth and white wine to the mixture and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Pour mushroom mixture over chicken and serve.